30 December 2013

Postseason musings

The regular NFL and college seasons are already over. It's still frustrating not to see my favorite teams' games because I don't live in a particular area, and the highlights on NFL Network recaps aren't good enough. I can't predict who will make it to the Super Bowl, although there are definitely some frontrunners in the Denver Broncos and Seattle Seahawks. But anything can happen during the playoffs!

An interesting link: Gay players on the 1993 Houston Oilers.

A current read: Death Below Zero by Richard Anderson. I love mystery novels, and the unusual setting intrigued me.

An upcoming read: Fair Catch by Del Darcy.

Manuscript watch: I hope to have a little something released in the winter/spring of 2014. The first draft is in revision, and I've reached out to the same wonderful artist who designed the cover of Safety Net and hope to get another beautiful cover.

I have another story in mind, entirely new. It's in the "gel" stage: the elements need to come together and I can start writing. Once I get at least one scene clearly mapped out, I can start -- even if that scene ultimately never makes it into the story.

Happy New Year! Best wishes for 2014.

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear you are coming out with "a little something" for 2014. We will be watching.

    ReplyDelete